8 Strategies for Enhancing Resilience and Cultivating Inner Stillness
Over the last few months I’ve been noticing an increase in people’s anxiety levels, discontent, depression and unease. As our world has seen such drastic changes, these symptoms have heightened for so many.
Along with the emotional toll, these feelings often lead to physical ailments such as chronic pain, insomnia, digestive discomfort, challenged fertility and fatigue.
Below are 8 strategies that can help stop and reverse many of the symptoms you may currently be experiencing while bringing you back to a sense of peace and grounding.
1. Settle into the right neighborhood/community/home for you. The first step to finding contentment is to have a foundation that feels comfortable to you. The place you live provides a sense of overall happiness so be sure to add elements and items that help you feel grounded and cozy.
2. L ive within your means. This doesn’t mean to stop doing what you enjoy but be sure to live within or under your financial means. Debt can really wear on your health and well-being.
3. Prioritize sleep. In our world that’s inundated with so much to do and so much information it’s easy feel overwhelmed. This often leads to difficulty in getting proper sleep. Its therefore essential to create a sleep schedule with the same routine. This may include a warm cup of tea, a bath, meditation or whatever helps to disconnect from the outside world to create a calming sanctuary as you’re winding down for sleep.
4. Spend time, each day with people you enjoy! This can help ease stress and boost your immune system. Studies have shown that social time is essential for your well-being as well as benefiting cardiovascular health, immunity, chronic pain and high blood pressure. During this time when so many people are forced to isolate, online chatting is an excellent way to stay in touch with those you care about.
5. Develop and nurture a self care routine. Just 15 minutes a day of meditation reduces cardiovascular risk, lowers cortisol and raises the immunity.
6. Spend time with your pets or adopt a new one! Living with pets lowers blood pressure, raises serotonin and dopamine, can help you stay more physically active and happier in general.
7. Give to others unselfishly and show kindness. Seemingly simple acts of kindness and generosity can actually raise serotonin levels. Research has shown that volunteering your time can lead to reduced stress and increased happiness.
8. Find something daily that makes you laugh! Laughing has been shown to lower stress hormones, raise endorphins and enhance your immune system.
If you continue to feel out of balance or just not like yourself, Chinese Medicine can be a great adjunct to your healing while creating a heightened sense of wellness. Using a variety of different modalities, such as acupuncture, herbs, guided meditation, essential oils and emotional healing techniques we can help bring your body back to a state of health, happiness and well-being.