Life coaching can be used as a powerful tool to improve your self-awareness, uncover possibilities, navigate challenges, set clear intentions, create more balance in certain areas, and fulfill your goals in life.
Like there are many kinds of everything, there are kinds of life coaches. I specialize in Transformational Life Coaching, which "has evolved as a more complete approach to coaching, moving away from a simple performance-focused tool that is traditionally used to one of a humanistic and psychological focus, where the whole person is taken into account – not just what is visible on the surface. It is a reflective way of coaching that aims to "explore a client’s cognitive, emotional, sensory and relational patterns in order to create a more complete understanding of their perspective on the world."
Life coaches can:
* Help you uncover your vision and talents, and guide you through achieving your goals. He or she will help you identify your strengths and better understand your weaknesses so you can overcome them. It's also about discovering what your real skills and talents are so you can use them to your advantage.
* Help you get clear on your WHY behind your goals. Do your wants align with your values in life or are you measuring against someone else's standards?
* Help you gain self awareness - we don't know what we don't know. And with self awareness, some of us are on autopilot, just reacting to things without thinking of how we could better handle situations with our colleagues, families, partners instead of impulsively reacting.
* Help you understand your emotional needs and limiting beliefs that keep you stopping yourself and in your own damn way.
* Help you create plans and be accountable for the steps you take and goals you set for yourself.
* Help you uncover your success blocks, or better understand where your standards or boundaries don't align with what you're allowing in your life.
Get out of your own damn way!