HEALING YOUR INNER SELF-THE SHAMAN’S WAY
Norman W. Wilson, PHD©
Much has been spoken about and written about self-healing. There are websites dedicated just to that. Among these are the following: Energy Muse Blog, Energy Healing: Path to Deeper Health, Energy Healing, and Guided Self-Healing. There are equally a large number of breathing techniques. Among these are Pursed Lip Breathing, Ujjayi Breath, Bellows Breath, 4-7-8 Exercises, and Lion’s Breath. A wide variety of meditation approaches exist to relax, to calm the mind, and to bring inner peace. I noted one internet list contained over 20 different types of meditation. Among the most popular meditation approaches are Mindfulness, Spiritual Meditation, and Transcendental Meditation. All of these, I am sure, have value in their own right. But, what about healing your inner self? What can you do, right now, to start that all-important healing?
I call this the Self-Love (Swaatmani snehyet) Here are the steps.
1. Sit in a comfortable chair; remove your shoes and socks.
2. Place two drops of either of these essential oils on the bottom of each foot and gently massage into the skin: Neroli, Melissa, or Ylang-ylang. I buy my pure essential oils from the following website: www.zsremedies.com.
3. Next, take a few deliberately slow deep breaths.
4. Place the first two fingers of your right hand on your forehead, at the location of what is called the Third Eye.
5. Place your left hand over your heart.
6. Close your eyes.
7. Repeat the following five times: “I am worthy; it is okay to love myself.”
8. Sit still for a couple of minutes and then slowly rouse yourself.
9. Do this every morning or evening before retiring.
10. Do this for one week.
©4/20/2020 by Norman W Wilson, PHD