Lord Shiva is known as ‘Devadidev’, which means he is the god of gods. There is no beginning of him, and also, there is no end to him. He is the omnipresence and omnipotent form. He is one of the pillars of the Trinity. When Lord Brahma is the creator and Lord Vishnu is the saviour, Lord Shiva is the destructor.
Three of them denote the eternal truth of life that is, one who is created has to perish. ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ is the chant that is uttered while the shaivites (the followers of Lord Shiva) meditate. But, this is not only for them. Also Read: Understanding The Meaning Of Shiva’s 8 Adornments The whole human kind should chant this mantra, as there are several reasons to chant “Om namah Shivaya”. So, why should one chant - Om Namah Shivaya? As soon as you utter these words with complete dedication and concentration, you will be revered with mental strength, energy and motivation, which will lead you to achieve the goals of your life.
Today, human life is occupied mostly with stress and anxiety. The mental disturbances are disrupting our mental and physical peace. Often there are situations in life when you get too tensed to overcome it. You get afraid and your mind gets tormented with several negative aspects of life. One of the main reasons to chant “Om Namah Shivaya” is to have spiritual strength and mental peace to overcome the difficulties of your life. So, here are the wonderful reasons you should go through to know the significance of chanting the mantra, “Om Namah Shivaya”.
1. Brings Back The Calmness Of Your Mind: Life is not a bed of roses, but if thorns are continuously pricking you, you start thinking that the whole world is conspiring against you. Your mental peace is completely destroyed. This is the only mantra that can bring back the peace and clarity of mind, so that you can think rationally.
2. Bow To Lord Shiva: The true meaning of this mantra is, “I bow to Lord Shiva”, where Lord Shiva stands for the inner self of every human being. It is the name of your true identity. So, chanting this hymn also denotes that you should know yourself better before knowing the world.
3. A Powerful Mantra: Do you know the reasons to chant “Om Namah Shivaya”? It is said that this is a very powerful mantra. If it is continuously going on in your mind, you don’t need to perform any religious rituals, practice yoga or meditation. There is no restriction of uttering this mantra. Anyone can utter it anywhere.
4. Significance Of The Five Syllables: This chant consists of five syllables or akshars: ‘Na’, ‘Ma’, ‘Si’, ‘Va’ and ‘Ya’. According to the Hindu mythology, these syllables symbolise five elements namely earth, water, fire, water and space. While chanting it, you’re admitting that the Lord is everywhere. 5. Astrological Significance: While looking for reasons why you should chant - Om Namah Shivaya, you can pay heed to what Astrology says. It says that the mantra is so powerful that it can diminish the effects of negative ‘grahas’ (planets) and also help you recover from the unpleasant impacts of their stellar position.
6. Sound Therapy: Sages believe that continuous repetition of this mantra can heal physical ailment and bring peace to your soul. It fills your heart with joy and washes out all the negative impacts that were disturbing you so far. Hence, from now on, before starting your day, take the name of Lord Shiva and chant this beautiful mantra, “Om Namah Shivaya”!
by Debdatta Mazumder For Boldsky
Be the first to post a message!