Public speaking can be a challenging task for most of us, so I thought I'd compile a list of tips and tricks that you can follow in order to improve your future presentations.
- Define the red thread
- what do you want to say? what is the basic idea? can you say this in a concise and believable way?
- Choose a series of ideas connected to the red thread to give your speech flavour
- What kind of sub-categories can you add? What other ideas are important?
- Structure ideas and information usnig the following template:
c) Main ideas
d) Practical applications
- Prepare the logistics
- make sure you have everything you need at hand: laptop, microphone, video projector, flipchart, handouts, etc.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
- Through the fluency in speech that you achieve when you know exactly what you have to say, you show respect to the audience and your confidence increases as well
For your next presentation, follow these 5 steps and notice how the quality of your speech dramatically increases!
Be the first to post a message!