Five Top Tips For A Healthy Fit Summer
It gets to the middle of the summer and we are all feeling great, the suns out, we're getting a tan, everyone seems to be in a better mood because their body is getting more vitamin D, they are moving their bodies more which then releases serotonin your calming hormone and decreases the cortisol your stress hormone so everything seems great. But and here's the thing, while most people feel happy in the summer, some people aren't. They are struggling with anxiety, money worries, struggling with their mental health and lots of other things that they don't really like talking about.
So here are 5 Top Tips for you to feel better every day and for you to trust in the process that everything will be ok. I know it will be ok.
1. Eat a healthy balanced diet Eating healthy doesn't mean restricting everything in sight and turning to a boring limp salad. Think about your choices, and make the correct choices for you and your body.
- Stay away from the sugary drinks with a lot of empty calories.
- Eat good, nutritious whole foods to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Try to avoid processed foods and go for the natural option.
- Including nuts into your diet. These are packed full of nutrients, fats and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Try to aim for a meal or snack every 3-4 hours. Although this depends on your individual needs for your body. Each person is different so what works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it'll work for them to.
2. Drink more water. This is a huge one right now in the middle of summer. Drink 3 litres of water per day (10 gulp rule)
A lot of people do not drink enough water during their day. Water is amazing as it has so many benefits. The human body is made up of nearly 60% water. So we need to replenish our resources throughout our day.
Some of the health benefits of drinking water: 💦 It lubricates the joints 💧 It prevents kidney stones 💦 It boosts skin health and beauty 💧 The digestive system depends on it 💦 It flushes body waste 💧 It helps with weight loss 💦 It cushions the brain, spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
Drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day. So if you weigh 132lbs (60kgs) or (9.4 stones) aim to drink a minimum of 66 ounces. For every 15 minutes of exercise you do, add an additional 8 ounces to that number. So 66 ounces for me as I'm 60kgs will be just under 2 litres so you can work it out for your specific weight now. There's no excuses. I always try to drink 3 litres of water per day. Yes I'm always peeing but that's a good thing.
Before you reach for that biscuit, or granola bar or packet of crisps, guzzle 10 gulps of water. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and see how you feel. So if you do one thing today, please can it be the 10 gulp rule.
3. Take some time out to relax and recoup Sometimes life gets in the way of you feeling calm and bringing yourself back to normal. Just take 5 minutes out of your busy schedule to do a few breathing exercises just to bring your mind and body back to normal.
5. Get enough sleep A good night's sleep is just as important as exercise and a healthy diet. If you are not getting enough sleep, this will affect your day to day mind, actions, diet and brain function. It can also increase weight gain and decrease your exercise. I've put together a few ideas of how to get a better night's sleep.
🌟 Get fresh air during the day. 🌟 Reduce your blue light capacity in the evenings. 🌟 A nice calming bedroom 🌟 Use a lavender eye mask or have lavender under your pillow. 🌟 Meditation or Relaxation.
So now you can go on with your day knowing that if you do just one of these things, you will feel 100% better because just by doing of these things right now was better than if you didn't do any of them.