Alternative MethodsConventional Methods


May 15

ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS: PERSONAL SUCCESS TRAINING PROGRAM - DAY TWO

UNIT TWO – PRIORTISE

Organisation doesn’t only refer to our physical items and possession; it can also include organising our time and activities.

Taking time to label what we want and what we need to accomplish allows us to sort out everything and find a way to tackle it! Since everything is lined out and identified, regulating our time and energy can seem less overwhelming.

WRITE IT DOWN

When organising your priorities, it is important to write them all down.

Make yourself some sort of ‘master list’ because it helps you remember everything you want to accomplish.

This list gives you visual aid to use when making organisational decisions. Common codes such as ABC or 123 can be used to determine each listing’s priority, and how you will proceed with each one.

URGENT / IMPORTANT MATRIX

Sometimes we confuse our urgent priorities with our important ones; which can cause us to be confused about what to take care of first.

The Urgent / Important, is a tool that we can use to think about our priorities and how to handle them. Before we can use the matrix, we must write down everything we want to accomplish in a certain period of time, i.e. daily, weekly; or even further, and assign their priority in which we want to get them done (see exercise from day one).

The matrix is divided into four quadrants, each ranging in importance. This allows for activities and projects to be plotted in each one based on their need. Using the list you create, you would plot each job in the corresponding quadrant.

After all the tasks have been plotted, we can see all the things we want or need to do, and how important or urgent they are to us. This leads us to make better choices regarding our time management and overall organisation.

There are many versions of the Urgent / Important Matrix that can be used for various things.

DIVIDE TASKS

Now that you have made a list and categorised all the things you want to accomplish, it can seem overwhelming or even intimidating to get started.

By dividing your tasks into small groups of things to do, we can feel more empowered to get them done! Task can be divided any way that is convenient.

The key is to find what combination works for you.

HELPFUL HINTS

• Sort tasks by each specific project.

• Decide which task can be done the fastest.

• Determine which task need more time.

80⁄20 RULE

Simply put, the 80⁄20 Rule emphasises the need to focus on what is important to us; and disregard the rest!

In most cases, 20% of things we have accumulated are important to us, while the other 80% is usually trivial, if not useless.

If the 20% is handled first and focused upon, the remaining 80% practically takes care of itself.

By using the 80⁄20 Rule, you can sit down with your daily ‘to do list’ and identify the top three or four projects or tasks that need to be done right now (20%).

Then outline the less important / mundane things that can be done next or even at a later time (80%).

By focusing on what is most important / urgent first, we are more focused and ready to tackle them. Once they are completed, the rest of the tasks seem less daunting and can be done with ease.

The 80⁄20 Rule is about being organised while doing what you want in your everyday life – not just more organising.

Comments

Leave your questions here

To write a comment you must
or
Services
Category filter
Concern filter
Type filter
Sort
 

All categories

Spiritual Healing
$222 USD
Healing from Trauma at a Quantum Soul Level

Are you burnt out from clinical therapy practices that require years of treatment with few results? Are you ready to release and transmute your trauma once and…

LunaRio Silver Deer
Spiritual Healing
$10 USD
I will do spiritual transformation for you

I will do spiritual transformation. Life occurs as a series of cycles in a single human lifetime. Cycles exist in almost a spiral pattern. There is a flow and …

Wisdom Realms
Career Coaching
$499 USD
Reset 1-0n1 Coaching and Mentoring Programme

Are you returning to work after a career break, or are you looking for a new job or career change?

This programme is for you.

I’ve developed the RESET coachi…

Carla Martins
Life Coaching
$399 USD
1-on-1 Coaching

The journey started with our discovery call, and You decided: ” I’m ready! Let’s do this!”.

We will engage in 1-on-1 coaching sessions for 90 minutes. In this…

Carla Martins
Emotional Stress Release
$800 USD
Retreat( India): Connect With Your Inner Wisdom 1st to 4th Sept

Join us for an immersive experience anchored amidst the beauty and tranquillity of Kasar Devi, Almora, India

1st Sept’22 ( Thursday) - 4th Sept 2022 ( Sunday …

Aikyam
Psychic Reading
$80 USD
I will do oracle and tarot card readings

I will do oracle & tarot card reading in any area of your life. You will get answer from the Angelic, Elemental, Faerie or Galactic realms. I will share wi…

Wisdom Realms
Natal Astrology
$15 USD
15 min reading of SOUL structure

[SOUL STRUCTURE]Each soul has own structure,and knowing it means to have unlimited access to inner energy. This readings are telling about your talents and str…

Ksenia Jdanova
Wellness Coaching
$10 USD
Ask a Question?

Supportive reflection of a current question that you would like clarity around. Using the SMART method to seek quidance in stepping onto your path of potential…

Beverly Lynn
Reiki
$150 USD
Reiki Services (distant healing session)

In this hour long distant healing session I will use long distance Reiki, crystals and essential oils to balance your Chakras. Balancing your Chakras allows en…

Erin Kirby
Tarot Reading
$10 USD
Intuitive Tarot Reading

Affordable Tarot reading to offer guidance on any given concern.

Elphie Shoppe
Telepsychology
$10 USD
Talk Therapy Sessions

Hello there: These times are dread. Do you need to talk with a safe professional about a troubling personal challenge? I am a professional listener and will li…

Eulalee Thompson
Tarot Reading
$10 USD
Tarot Reading

I offer tarot readings with a 100% accuracy rate. The tarot is meant to give you advice, to point you in the right direction or to provide you with clarity. Bu…

Zara Kalil
Angel Healing
$10 USD
Mental Health Advice & Tips

I can help you with past issues and give advice and tips on how to better your life. I can see through my third eye and receive messageson what you need to do …

Beings Of Light
Life Coaching
$10 USD
Discovery call

Are you interested in supporting your health with safe and effective holistic medicine? Not sure if you should switch diets, work with a health coach or explor…

Suzana Da Costa
Wellness Coaching
$50 USD
Mental Health and Holistic Lifestyle Coaching

Hi there! I’m Doug and I offer 1 on 1 Holistic Lifestyle and Mental Health Coaching sessions. Navtigating life with mental health issues of any sevarity is a h…

Doug Peterson
Wellness Coaching
$10 USD
Mental Health and Holistic Lifestyle Coaching Consultation

Hi there! I’m Doug and I offer 1 on 1 Holistic Lifestyle and Mental Health Coaching sessions. Navtigating life with mental health issues of any sevarity is a h…

Doug Peterson
Family Psychology
$10 USD
Psychic Reading

Expert in Love Relationship, Tarot Psychic Reading
I can give you more powerful insight of every part of your life. With the help of Crystal ball my Psychic re…

Aamir Bilal
Career Coaching
$195 USD
Holistic Lifestyle & Nutrition Coaching

ARE YOU TIRED? STRESSED OUT? STRUGGLING WITH YOUR WEIGHT? UNDER SLEPT?
LOST YOUR ZEST FOR LIFE?

If this sounds like you, then you don’t need a new diet… you n…

David Giddings
Bach flower therapy
$120 USD
Bach Flower Essence Consultation

Exploration of where you’re feeling stuck or limited in life and recommendations of Bach Flower Essences to help loosen and dissolve old patterns.

Suzana Da Costa
Cognitive-behavioral therapy
$100 USD
Subliminal therapy

In this service we will use Subliminal therapy and Sound healing as alternative to tradition cognitive behavioral therapy.

We are born with our thoughts. Do n…

Ahmed Amin Youssef
Spiritual Healing
$10 USD
Intro 2 Alignment Healing Chant

Namaste.

That is my greeting to the spirit within you. Join me for a welcome introduction session to celebrate my arrival at Core Spirit!

For 15 minutes I wi…

Ti3rc3 Fire
Mediumism
$55 USD
Psychic Medium Readings

READINGS
Currently, all readings will be offered virtually.
Appointments are available on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9am-1pm (UK Time Zone).
When we…

Jan Morgan
Oracle Cards Reading
$25 USD
Psychic Reading 15 Minutes

Well-versed in the main 5 clairs, I will Intuitively answer your questions for 15 minutes.

Jyll Hoyrup
Emotional Stress Release
$150 USD
Creatrix® Breakthrough

This is a revolutionary process, SPECIALLY designed for women. You will be able to clear your most depeest BLOCKS and limiting beliefs. 

This is the only too…

Tamar Viva

Related Articles