Egg freezing: Reasons for Use, Process, Consequences, and Results
Egg freezing, otherwise called develop oocyte cryopreservation, is a strategy used to save ladies' capacity to get pregnant later on.
Eggs collected from your ovaries are frozen unfertilized and put away for sometime in the future. A frozen egg can be defrosted, joined with sperm in a lab and embedded in your uterus (in vitro preparation).
Your PCP can assist you with seeing how egg freezing functions, the possible dangers and whether this strategy for ripeness protection is appropriate for you dependent on your necessities and conceptive history.
Why it's finished
Egg freezing may be an alternative in case you're not prepared to become pregnant presently yet need to attempt to ensure you can get pregnant later.
Not at all like with prepared egg freezing (undeveloped organism cryopreservation), egg freezing doesn't need sperm on the grounds that the eggs aren't treated before they're frozen. Similarly likewise with incipient organism freezing, in any case, you'll need to utilize richness medications to cause you to ovulate so you'll create numerous eggs for recovery.
You should think about egg freezing if:
1) You have a condition or situation that can influence your richness. These might incorporate sickle cell sickliness, immune system infections, for example, lupus, and sex variety, for example, being transsexual.
2) You need therapy for malignant growth or another ailment that can influence your capacity to get pregnant. Certain clinical therapies —, for example, radiation or chemotherapy — can hurt your fruitfulness. Egg freezing before treatment may empower you to have organic kids later.
3) You're going through in vitro treatment. While going through in vitro preparation, a few people incline toward egg sticking to incipient organism freezing for strict or moral reasons.
4) You wish to protect more youthful eggs now for sometime later. Freezing eggs at a more youthful age may assist you with preparing pregnant when you're.
5) You can utilize your frozen eggs to attempt to imagine a kid with sperm from an accomplice or a sperm contributor. A contributor can be known or unknown. The incipient organism can likewise be embedded in the uterus of someone else to convey the pregnancy (gestational transporter).
Egg freezing conveys different dangers, including:
1) Conditions identified with the utilization of fruitfulness drugs. Seldom, utilization of injectable richness drugs, for example, engineered follicle-animating chemical or luteinizing chemical to prompt ovulation, can make your ovaries become swollen and difficult not long after ovulation or egg recovery (ovarian hyperstimulation condition). Signs and side effects incorporate stomach torment, swelling, sickness, spewing and the runs. Considerably more uncommon is the chance of building up a more serious type of the condition that can be hazardous.
2) Egg recovery system difficulties. Seldom, utilization of a suctioning needle to recover eggs causes dying, contamination or harm to the entrail, bladder or a vein.
3) Passionate dangers. Egg freezing can give desire to a future pregnancy, yet there's no assurance of achievement.
4) On the off chance that you utilize your frozen eggs to have a youngster, the danger of unsuccessful labor will be essentially founded on your age at the time your eggs were frozen. More seasoned ladies have higher unnatural birth cycle rates, mostly due to having more established eggs.
5) Exploration to date hasn't indicated an increment in the danger of birth deserts for children conceived because of egg freezing. Be that as it may, more examination is required on the wellbeing of egg freezing.
How you get ready
In case you're thinking about freezing your eggs, search for a richness facility with skill in the field. Specialists are generally known as conceptive endocrinologists.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology give data online about U.S. richness facilities' pregnancy and live birth rates, in spite of the fact that information identified with pregnancies utilizing frozen eggs is restricted. Remember, notwithstanding, that a center's prosperity rate relies upon numerous variables, for example, the periods of the ladies it treats.
On the off chance that the cost of egg freezing concerns you, request data about the expenses related with each progression of the methodology and the yearly stockpiling charges.
Prior to starting the egg-freezing measure, you'll probably make them screen blood tests, including:
1) Ovarian save testing. To decide the amount and nature of your eggs, your PCP may test the grouping of follicle-animating chemical and estradiol in your blood on day three of your period. Results can help foresee how your ovaries will react to fruitfulness prescription.
2) Another blood test and a ultrasound of the ovaries may be utilized to get a more complete image of ovarian capacity.
3) Irresistible illness screening. You'll be screened for certain irresistible sicknesses, for example, HIV and hepatitis B and C.
What you can anticipate
Egg freezing has numerous means — ovarian incitement, egg recovery and freezing.
You'll take engineered chemicals to animate your ovaries to deliver numerous eggs — as opposed to the single egg that commonly grows month to month. Meds that may be required include:
1) Prescriptions for ovarian incitement. You may infuse prescription, for example, follitropin alfa or beta (Follistim AQ, Gonal-f) or menotropins (Menopur).
2) Prescriptions to forestall untimely ovulation. Your primary care physician may endorse an injectable gonadotropin-delivering chemical agonist, for example, leuproline acetic acid derivation (Lupron) or a gonadotropin-delivering chemical opponent, for example, cetrorelix (Cetrotide).
3) During treatment, your primary care physician will screen you. You'll have blood tests to gauge your reaction to ovarian-incitement drugs. Estrogen levels regularly increment as follicles create, and progesterone levels stay low until after ovulation.
4) Follow-up visits will likewise incorporate having vaginal ultrasound — a system that utilizations sound waves to make a picture of within your ovaries — to screen the advancement of liquid filled sacs where eggs develop (follicles).
5) At the point when the follicles are prepared for egg recovery — for the most part following 10 to 14 days — an infusion of human chorionic gonadotropin (Pregnyl, Ovidrel) or another medicine can help the eggs develop.
Egg recovery is done under sedation, ordinarily in your PCP's office or a center. A typical methodology is transvaginal ultrasound desire, during which a ultrasound test is embedded into your vagina to distinguish the follicles.
A needle is then guided through the vagina and into a follicle. An attractions gadget associated with the needle is utilized to eliminate the egg from the follicle. Different eggs can be taken out, and examines show that the more eggs recovered—up to 15 for every cycle — the better the odds of birth.
After egg recovery, you may have squeezing. Sensations of totality or pressing factor may proceed for quite a long time on the grounds that your ovaries stay developed.
Soon after your unfertilized eggs are gathered, they're cooled to freezing temperatures to safeguard them for sometime later. The cosmetics of an unfertilized egg makes it somewhat more hard to freeze and prompt a fruitful pregnancy than does the cosmetics of a treated egg (incipient organism).
The interaction most ordinarily utilized for egg freezing is called vitrification. High groupings of substances that help forestall ice gems from shaping during the freezing cycle (cryoprotectants) are utilized with fast cooling.
After the methodology
Ordinarily, you can continue ordinary exercises inside seven days of egg recovery. Stay away from unprotected sex to forestall a unintended pregnancy.
Contact your medical care supplier on the off chance that you have:
1) a fever higher than 101.5 F (38.6 C);
2) extreme stomach torment;
3) weight gain of multiple pounds (0.9 kilograms) in 24 hours;
4) hefty vaginal dying — filling multiple cushions 60 minutes;
5) trouble peeing.
At the point when you need to utilize your frozen eggs, they'll be defrosted, treated with sperm in a lab, and embedded in your or a gestational transporter's uterus.
Your medical services group may suggest utilizing a treatment procedure called intracytoplasmic sperm infusion (ICSI). In ICSI, a solitary solid sperm is infused straightforwardly into each develop egg.
The odds of getting pregnant after implantation are approximately 30 to 60 percent, contingent upon your age at the hour of egg freezing. The more established you are at the hour of egg freezing, the lower the probability that you'll have a live birth later on.