Life Brought You to Your Knees — And It’s Time to Get Back UpNov 22, 2020
7 ways to believe in yourself, again.
Life has a funny way of reminding us that this human experience isn’t easy. It finds ways to show us that we cannot recognize the light without witnessing the dark, and sometimes we fall. As Rumi says, “When life brings you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.” And at some point, you need to get back up. This list should help you get started.
1. Accept the situation. For whatever reason, you are here. Look around. Feel everything. Breathe — and take the time to make peace with the circumstances. Denial will only waste your time. Because believe it or not, you have to take a good long look at where you are, one way or another.
2. Give yourself grace. Forgive yourself for any mistakes that you have made. Mistakes serve their purpose by way of teaching. Noticing the behavior was a mistake, is your signal that it is time to move forward. Let go of the past and focus on the future.
3. Stop turning away in fear. Instead, face it head on. Look that fear dead-in-the-face and take back your power.
4. Celebrate your strengths & success. Too often our past becomes clouded with things that hurt us. Start focusing on the wins and remind yourself of everything you’ve done and how far you’ve come.
5. Trust yourself. You are capable of great things. All of the answers, energy, and confident-vibes are with you now. You just need to unlock them. Take time to be with yourself, and begin to listen.
6. Be good to yourself. Talk to yourself the way you talk to the people you care about. Build yourself up the same way you do for a friend that is struggling. Motivate yourself with kindness and encouragement.
7. Let go and let life flow. Relax; stop trying to force and control things. Let life flow through and around you, and witness all of the gifts and rewards that life has to offer. Approach each day with an open heart and mind and trust that you are on your path.
Remember that every day is a new opportunity to start again. If you are struggling to find your confidence, consider working with a coach. Doing so will help you address, and remove, the blind spots that are preventing you from following the path to your best life! Stop looking back - it is time to move forward!