Believe it or not, parsley has been used in treating kidney stones for hundreds of years. Parsley can prevent the absorption of salt into kidney tissue, which protects you from the formation of kidney stones.
Parsley also increases your urine production, which also plays a part in cleansing your kidneys.
So, in order to maintain the proper function of your kidneys, thus prevent kidney disease, kidney stones, and accumulation of toxins in your body, you should stay hydrated and detox your kidneys every once in awhile!
Parsley has a rich content of vitamin A, C, K, iron, and folate, essential for the proper health of the kidneys.
Benefitsof Parsley tea:
- Antihyperlipidemic (lowers blood fat)
- Antihepatotoxic (prevents liver toxicity)
- Estrogenic (helps manage menstruation)
- Antihypertensive (lowers blood pressure)
Parsley Tea Recipe
- 1 bunch fresh organic parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey (we recommend this)
- 1/2 organic lemon, freshly squeezed
- 8 cups purified water
- Wash and chop the leaves into large pieces.
- Boil water at medium heat and when it boils, you should add the leaves and lower heat.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes then make sure to strain and let it cool. You can add lemon and honey to taste.
- It is recommended to drink 1-2 cups on a daily basis.
You can store the tea in glass containers in the fridge for up to 1 week.