Here is How You Can Get Strong, Beautiful Hair and Nails Fast
Do you have brittle nails or thinning hair? This vitamin will strengthen your hair and nails while also developing new growth!
helps the body metabolize fats and carbohydrates, improves hair health and maintains proper function of the nervous system. Although it is rare to have a biotin deficiency, chronic smokers, alcoholics, pregnant women, and people with Crohn’s and/or liver disease, and anyone eating a diet of mainly processed food is most likely to have a deficiency. Symptoms are often revealed through dry eyes, cracking on the sides of the mouth, scaly skin, depression, and hair loss.
Sweat glands, nerve tissue and bone marrow also function at their peak efficiency when you have proper levels.
Biotin is found in certain cosmetic products such as shampoos because it does such a wonderful job helping to strengthen hair. When hair follicles become blocked by skin flakes, it impedes the hair growth process. Biotin can help increase the volume of your hair and keep your scalp health and free of dry skin flakes.
The continued use of biotin for about 6 months will result in healthier hair follicles which will translate into stronger, longer and fuller hair. This will reduce hair breakage which means that hair will grow longer in a shorter period of time. Biotin also helps hair maintain a its glossy color because its vitamin continually replenishes the roots and follicles. This vitamin will also help to thicken nail cuticles and prevent breakage. Biotin may help to stimulate new hair and nail growth as well.
You can get your daily dose of biotin by eating these foods:
- Mushrooms contain biotin and many other healthy nutrients and minerals that are good for hair and nails. Serving size (100 grams), 38 calories, 19% RDA of Iron.
- Avocados are full of many vitamins, minerals, and other healthy nutrients like protein and fiber. Avocados also contain biotin. Serving size (100 grams), 160 calories, 485mg of potassium.
- Swiss chard is extremely healthy and can help keep your biotin levels up. In addition to all the vitamin A it provides, it is also full of fiber, magnesium, and vitamin C. Serving size (100 grams), 19 calories, full day’s supply of vitamin A.
- Eggs will provide you with a large amount of biotin. Serving size (100 grams), 155 calories, 13g protein.
- Sunflower seeds are a great source of minerals like magnesium, and vitamins like biotin. It is always a good idea to buy organic since the conventional form of farming involves a lot of chemicals and eating seeds laden with chemicals can be very unhealthy. Serving size (100 grams), 584 calories, 81% RDA of magnesium.
- Almonds, bananas, berries, whole wheat bread, cauliflower, and peanut butter also contain biotin.
If you want to take biotin to increase hair and nail growth and durability, it is suggested that you take 500-700 micrograms per day initially. The amount can increase to 1000 micrograms. Results are often seen after taking the biotin supplements consistently for 3-6 months.