Full Moon Self-Care Rituals
The full moon is the most energetic and powerful part of the lunar cycle. The intentions you set during the new moon may be coming to fruition, or the things you aimed to manifest may now feel within reach. This is a time to reflect on our growth and what we’ve accomplished since the new moon and to focus on what still needs improvement. The full moon allows us to look back and determine what no longer serves us, and what we would like to let go of.
An energetic time – emotions, intuition, and thoughts tend to become heightened. We typically carry deeper feelings and are more sensitive to other people’s energy. Things become intensified, and therefore, this is not a good time to start new things, but rather, it’s best to use this time to reflect and plan ahead. This is also the perfect time to give yourself some extra love.
Here are some self-care rituals you can do during the full moon:
1. Let Go:
– Write down anything you want to let go of (a habit, person, negative thought pattern, trait) and burn it.
– Watch as the paper burns and the smoke wafts. Visualize what you wrote down drifting into the wind as the smoke rises, releasing into the atmosphere.
2. Release by Candle:
– Instead of writing down what you want to release, you can simply use a candle. Ground yourself and light your candle.
– Gaze into the flame and start naming out loud everything you wish to release from your life.
– Take the time to be mindful of how your body responds, try to feel your mind and heart getting lighter as you release the words.
– When you’re ready, blow out the candle. This is symbolic as you’re extinguishing the flame and all the things that no longer serve you.
3. Ask for More
– During a full moon, the Earth’s tides are amplified, so use this ritual to amplify results for your desires.
– Write down your wants, needs, or anything you would like an abundance of in your life, on small strips of paper.
– Take a cup or bowl of water and float those pieces of paper in the water. Leave it under the light of a full moon overnight.
– The next day, you can bottle the moon water and use it in another ritual. You can also keep the pieces of paper or dispose of them.
4. Have a heart-to-heart with the Moon
– This ritual is best done outside under the light of the moon, but you can also look out a window just as long as you can see the moon.
– Sit under her rays and gaze for at least five minutes. Breathe and connect to her light.
– Speak out loud, or visualize, all the things you want to release or let go of. Ask the moon to kindly take those things from you. Visualize the moon’s rays pulling the negative energy out of you, taking with it all the things that no longer serve you.
– Take a moment to feel that weight lifted from your body and soul. Thank the moon for her kindness.
5. Take a Full Moon Bath
– The full moon has detoxifying properties that draw out mental, emotional, and physical toxins.
– Fill a bath with warm water and add 1-2 cups of Himalayan sea salt, or regular sea salt. Himalayan sea salt has a number of detoxifying benefits including balancing pH levels and reducing inflammation.
– While in the tub, breathe and ground yourself. Really feel the warmth of the water on your body. Indulge yourself with a glass of wine or a good book, or use this time to meditate and disconnect from technology.
Other Ways to Celebrate the Full Moon:
– Treat yourself to a nice meal or bake something sweet.
– Fill a room with candlelight.
– Make a cup of tea and savor every sip, feeling comforted by the warmth of the cup.
– Cleanse all your crystals by leaving them out overnight under the moonlight.
– Pull a tarot card.
– Make a list of all the things you’re grateful for.