7 Surprising Ways To Quit Smoking, Which Really Work!Mar 29, 2018
Have you made numerous resolutions and promises to yourself about kicking the butt but have failed every single time? Are you struggling to give up on smoking because it is making you extremely unhealthy?
If yes, then you are treading in the right direction. Realising that smoking is only deteriorating your health is the first step to finally bid a goodbye to that bad habit. Although most smokers are well aware that smoking can lead to many health risks, they are quite helpless, as smoking is a habit that can be very hard to give up on. Nicotine, the main substance found in smokable tobacco, is what gets a person addicted to the habit.
Cigarette is known to be a carcinogen, or a cancer-causing agent, and so smoking is liked to various forms of cancers that affect the lungs, mouth, larynx, throat, liver, stomach, rectum, etc. Also, other than putting a person at a serious risk of cancer, cigarette smoking can also cause other ailments like asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, a weak immune system, reduced bone density, general fatigue, etc. If you are willing to give up on smoking, here are some unusual, yet effective, ways to kick the butt, have a look!
1. Bury The Butt Many smokers who successfully quit smoking have claimed that when they bury the pack outside or hide it in a place that is difficult to get to, it becomes easier for them to quit!
2. Post-It Motivation Make little motivational notes for yourself and stick them on your work desk, refrigerator, or inside your car, etc, so that you have constant reminders that will help you quit smoking!
3. Hypnosis Therapy You can seek the help of a professional psychologist or you can practice self-hypnosis by looking up instructions online, as hypnotherapy has known to work wonders in helping a person quit smoking!
4. Get A Buddy A support system always helps while you are trying to quit any vice. Get a friend to help you out by calling or hanging out with him/her when you get the urge to smoke.
5. Make A Bet This method has been known to help many people quit smoking. Make a bet with your friends or loved ones and tell them that they should treat you when you go cigarette-free for a fixed period!
6. Develop A New Hobby Get into a new hobby that can hold your interest like painting, singing, etc, and when you feel the urge to smoke, you can indulge in that new hobby instead!
by Chandana Rao For Boldsky