The Complete Guide to Calea Z. — The Herb For Lucid Dreaming, Meditation , and Deep Dream Work
Calea Zacatechichi is the ultimate dream herb, that can gift you an ability to lucid dream. If you want to maximize your dreaming potential the this potent herb is right up your dreaming alley!
Having incredibly vivid dreams, improved ability to recall every detail, a deep sense of divinity and other powerful meaningful experiences can be attained through the use of this sacred herb!
Here is a complete guide of information about Dream Herb and how it can be used for your awesome dreaming goals!
What is The Dream Herb?
Dream herb, (Or “Calea zacatechichi or ternifolia“) is a herb that is native to Mexico and Central America.
It’s said to increase vivid sometimes prophetic dreams with those who consume it regularly before bed.
Interesting enough this herb has quite a few applications but we’ll get to those in just a little while. First here is a brief history of the herb.
Calea zacatechichi is native to Mexico, Central America and is naturalized in some part of southern US. Used by the Chontal Natives of Oaxaca, Mexico centuries and to this day as a means of communication with god, their ancestors and to receive advice from the dream world.
During special group ceremonies the herb is smoked and a tea is drunk before bed and held in the mouth for 10 minutes or sometimes longer. Since the herb is bitter it is said that the longer one withstands the taste the more willing the plant spirit is to convey its healing messages.
What does the Dream Herb do?
- Enhances Ability to Lucid Dream
- Increases Dream Memory Recollection
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Improves digestion
- Breaks fevers
- Traditional remedy for dysentery, diarrhea and asthma
Dream Herb for Vivid and Lucid Dreams
Dream herb is mostly used for its ability to increase Lucid Dreaming!
This is because the natural chemicals in the leaf and flower help your dreams become more vivid, improves dream recall/memory and has been said to give ‘prophetic or divine visions’ within your dreamworld. It’s one of the most powerful dream herbs out there!
The increased dream activity is likely due to the “sesquiterpene lactones” content found in dream herb and it’s reported to be a ‘great ally’ for lucid dreaming, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro this herb helps push your brain activity in the right direction but keep in mind it isn’t a substitute for a regular lucid dream practice. It’s always best to combine dream herbs with dream practices like reality checks and writing your dreams down in a dream journal. These practices combined with the Dream herb can instill a long term ability to improve the length of your lucid dreams. So always make sure you’re doing everything you can to maximize your dreaming abilities!
How To Use Dream Herb
Keep in mind that Dream herb should only be used as a tonic for 5-7 days at a time as it does build up in the body. So it always best to give your dreamworld a break for a few days.
There are several ways you could use the leaf, (The last one is most popular) –
- Whole leaf — Chewing 1-2 leaves everyday before bed for 5-7 days as a tonic. If you don’t like healthy earthy bitter tastes(and its bitter!!) go with one of the other methods.
- Powdered root — Eating the powdered root isn’t the best method but one of the easier ways to consume the herb. Take 1/4 tsp for 5-7 days at a time. During that time you can work your way up to 1/2 tsp or so
- Tea — A more popular way to consume the leaf is to make a tea with 1-2 tsp of whole herb simmered on low heat for 5-10 minutes, strain and well…. try to enjoy! This way you can add honey or sugar to mask the incredibly bitter taste!
- Tincture — The tincture is the one of the most effective and immediate way to take herbs in general. One dropperful of the tincture is equivalent to drink 8 ozs of the tea. And since tinctures have alcohol in them it allows the compounds to absorb more readily into your body. The tincture can be put into your favorite juice or in hot water as well.
- — Alternatively you can powder the herb in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Then put the powder in capsules to avoid the bitter taste altogether.
Note: Traditionally the bitterness is said to be a test of how willing one is to receive the healing benefits, whether for the body or for dreaming from the plant.
Cautions and Side Effects Of Dream Herb
Always keep in mind that not all herbs are for everyone. Do your research and be sure to talk with your doctor or certified practitioner before using. Your safety is important so be sure to educate yourself on adding any herbal dietary supplements to your regime.
- Pregnancy– DO NOT use this root if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It may cause unknown complications.
- Alcohol– DO NOT use if you drink alcohol it may increase the potency of alcohol.
- Medications– DO NOT use if you take pharmaceutical medications like sedatives, antidepressants and blood pressure medications.
- Allergy– DO NOT use if you have allergies to ragweed, its may cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family of plants. Plants include ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, sunflowers and many other herbs.
- Nausea– Some people have reported slight nausea after consuming Dream herb since it’s so bitter. This is usually the case with consuming the herb in chewing, tea or tincture form. Capsules are usually best!
Otherwise there are no contraindication when used properly!