Apparently the left hand of this government doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, or more likely doesn’t want to know. With the easy prey of grabbing marijuana users in most states and locking them up in prisons for cheap labor while destroying families, there’s little motivation to curb that racket by dropping marijuana out of its DEA Schedule 1 Controlled Substance rating.
Schedule 1 includes drugs that are dangerous, addictive, and without any medical merit. The DEA needs to justify its budgetary funding and the FDA prefers rubber stamp approving pharmaceutical drugs that are far more dangerous than marijuana and far less effective. The FDA has to oblige their corporate clients to keep their licensure payments from Big Pharma rolling in.
The unpublicized studies that prove cannabis’s medical merits are referenced within the NCI (National Cancer Institute). Though they are pre-utical drugs to enhance chemo or suppress some of chemotherapy’s terrible side effects, there are many, many actual case histories of curing cancers with cannabis.
Of course those are dismissed as anecdotal and not paid any attention by government agencies and the mainstream media. People who are cured by cannabis doesn’t satisfy medical “science”. It has to have a chance to disprove it and carry on with business as usual.
Nevertheless, the following list is excerpted directly from one of the NCI Question and Answer pages about cannabis:
Their Report on Cannabis Antitumor Activity
Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
- A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
- A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.
- A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.
- A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.
Stimulating Cancer Patients Appetite
Many animal studies have shown that delta-9-THC and other cannabinoids stimulate appetite and can increase food intake.
- Cannabinoid receptors (molecules that bind cannabinoids) have been studied in the brain, spinal cord, and nerve endings throughout the body to understand their roles in pain relief.
- Cannabinoids have been studied for anti-inflammatory effects that may play a role in pain relief.
End of excerpt from NCI, the “government’s primary cancer research agency”. Paradoxically, another government agency that’s supposed to protect us, the FDA, has recently approved the most dangerous painkiller Oxycontin for 11 year old children.
Oxycontin is a synthetic opiate, that is almost as addictive as heroin.
Then there are the synthetic speed drugs like Ritalin that are approved for children under five years of age. Both of them mask symptoms while ruining health.
But of course, those drugs are not Schedule I. They all have “accepted” medical merit, approved by the FDA and prescribed by MDs, the official drug pushers. Evidently the studies listed by the NCI don’t indicate medical merit, but less effective, side-effect-laden synthetic derivatives of cannabis that Big Pharma creates are FDA approved – Ka-ching!
And of course, also ignored are the several animal and human trials conducted on cannabis for various diseases, including cancer, in Spain and Israel. You can go to this PubMed site and do a search for cannabis or marijuana and find several favorable cannabis studies.